******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Not A Play On Words

When I saw the headline Meek: I Turned Down Crist Cross, I thought it was a play on words reflecting that Charlie Crist was double-crossing his political opponents.

But no, Charlie Crist actually offered Kendrick Meek Crist's sister's cross if Meek would drop out of the Senate race, as reported at the link:
Florida independent Senate candidate Charlie Crist personally lobbied Democratic candidate Kendrick Meek to exit the race this week, offering him a cross that had been a gift from his sister, Mr. Meek said Friday.

The gesture occurred Monday as Mr. Crist and Mr. Meek were surrounded by local Jewish leaders at a Hollywood, Fla., meeting of the pro-Israel lobbying group American Israel Public Affairs Committee.  [Added by me - what a strange place to make the offer.]

“I was shocked when he did it,” Mr. Meek said in an interview late Friday. “I told him to keep the cross and that I carry my Christianity in my heart.”

Crist spokesman Danny Kanner said he would not comment on a private conversation.
Oh boy, what else would Charlie give up to become Senator?  Certainly not his pride or honor, because those were given up long ago.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. And yet again, Jewish leaders working at cross-purposes with corrupt Democrats. Could someone please tell these guys that Henry Ford died 63 years ago? The world has changed! They don't have to drive Chryslers anymore. Is the RINO country club establishment that backwards?

    I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great response by Meek.

    I disagree with him on every issue, but he's shown more class during this campaign season than the rest of his party combined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, isn't that a federal felony to offer a bribe/inducement to drop out of an election? Can we throw Crist under the jail now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late but I thought I would be remiss to not post a link to a letter from the Republican Jewish Coalition to Jewish voters in Barney Frank's district.

    http://www.flemingandhayes.com/barney-frank-files/12446-jewish-group-barney-frank-dangerous-for-israel

    I lived in Brookline MA for a few years and back then, about a third of the population comprised of fairly well-to-do Jews so this is not trivial. If old "grabby hands" can't hold the Jewish vote, he is gone.

    ReplyDelete