******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Promises a Marine Widow Cannot Bear to Hear

As written by Rachel Porto, 23, widow of Cpl Jonathan Daniel Porto.

As posted in The Washington Post on Mother's Day:
A cassette tape is waiting for me. It sits in a small bubble mailer on my night table. It stares at me when I walk in the room; it beckons to me as I walk out. But still it sits there and waits. It is the last thing. The last thing he sent to me from "over there."
Read it.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. She captures the frustration at being given responsibility for the sacred things of meaning between them when her expectation was NOT that she would bear sole responsibility. This is an often overlooked feeling that accompanies loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Mrs. Porto's story. It's usually impossible to find words for that kind of situation, but she does. I can only pray for her and for her daughter as they find their way.

    ReplyDelete