******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Making Robert Gibbs Look Good

Barack Obama is on vacation. That's fine. It's a high-pressure job, and a little relaxation is a good thing. But White House Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton is not doing such a great job substituting for Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

In defending Obama's plans for a second vacation, Burton said that Obama needs a "break from his vacation." And Burton went on to defend the vacation-from-a-vacation with this point:
"As I recall, the previous president [took] quite a bit of vacation himself, and I don't think anyone bemoaned that."
Oh really?

Sure, Bush spent a lot of time at his Crawford ranch, but it's not like anyone was counting:

If Burton's job is to make Obama look good, he's failing miserably. If Burton's job is to make Robert Gibbs look good, Burton's doing just fine.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

6 comments:

  1. The only difficulty I'm having is deciding if this is typical Democratic hypocrisy or just cluelessness. I can be swayed either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the Obamanoid strategy is to practice the Goebbels method but be ready to scream bloody murder when someone points it out. Being a 100% black man, I have partial immunity to being called a racist against a 50 percenter, but Janeane Garofalo will think I have "Stockholm Syndrome." No problem -- I don't dig bitter, angry chicks even when they're attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo, when a president takes a vacation, it really isn't a vacation? Isn't that what was said when Bush went to Crawford: a working vacation at best. Now that the Obamateur is president, it is okay?

    Garafalo attractive? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @L.N. Smithee

    good to see another black come out and tell the truth.

    Were you saying that Garofalo is "attractive"? I cannot say that I have seen one picture of her that indicates any form of attractiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't find Janeane Garofalo attractive. She may be someone else's cup of tea, but to me she's curdled milk.

    There are some really liberal chicks that I wish I could give the Dr. Alfred Necessiter brain-transfer treatment (as seen in the Steve Martin classic The Man With Two Brains), and give Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Contessa Brewer, Anne Hathaway, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, or Hayden Panettiere (partial list) the mind of Laura Ingraham, Michelle Malkin, or Phyllis Schlafly.

    Garofalo and Julia Roberts? Nah. The Dems can keep 'em.

    ReplyDelete