******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Freddie Med

Freddie Med. Never has a phrase better summed up the danger of Democratic plans to have the federal government run the health care system.

What Freddie Mac did for mortgages, Freddie Med will do for health care: A politicized system in which political correctness and social engineering takes precedence over fiscal and individual responsibility, tainted by cronyism, sweetheart deals, and political insider corruption.

Freddie Med. I wish I had thought of that phrase, but I have to give credit to commenter MarySue of Ruby Slippers, a brand new blog. (The Wall Street Journal ran an editorial using "Fannie Med" but MarySue beat them to the punch by at least a day; per Mary Sue's comment below apparently Allahpundit was the first to use it, figures. Whoever used it first, it's great.)

Freddie Med. Coming to a doctor's office near you, if Barney Frank and Chris Dodd have their way.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

  1. It's a fantastic phrase, so much so I wish I had thought of it too. I think the first I heard it though was from Allahpundit at Hot Air. I also saw a WSJ piece today entitled Fannie Med. I like Freddie Med better, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like fanny med better myself, because it makes me think they are a bunch of rear ends. you know because of the word fanny.

    ReplyDelete