******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

R.I.P. Christopher David Monson (aka snaggletoothie)

Via And So It Goes In Shreveport comes news of the death of "snaggletoothie" and a link to a loving memory by his father, My son Christopher David Monson aka snaggletoothie:
"Chris was born on April 1, 1948. He passed away on January 28, 2011. He was 62. He lived a full life. He had more than his share of pain. He had periods of depression, good times, learning, pain, rehabilitation, and addiction. He was a long time member of and worker in AA. He had a career in Nursing.

In his fifties he had a spinal injury and could no longer work. He used a cane and was almost a shut in. He was a blogger and spent many hours at it. He posted several times a day and corresponded with other bloggers. He had two blogs, which can still be called up on your computer. They are snaggletoothie of the Loyal Opposition which was his primary blog devoted to conservative politics and The Chinese Jar which was devoted to the discussion of the great books....

Chris studied at Long Beach State for some time. He graduated from Long Beach Junior College and qualified for a Licensed Vocational Nurse certificate. He worked many years in hospitals for people with chemical addictions. I believe that he did a great job. I am so proud how he fought his disabilities and was able to give a positive contribution to people. He did well with the cards that were dealt him.

I spent some time with Chris in August 2010. We had made plans to tour the Getty Museum but Chris did not feel up to it. He did not look well but seemed to be at peace. I love Chris very much. I have cried so hard that my body hurt. I will miss visiting him. Once every year or so in person and over the phone several times a month. Chris had very eclectic interests and we could visit for an hour or more at a time.

Goodbye Chris. Rest in peace. I love you."
--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Visit the Legal Insurrection Shop on CafePress!
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. The most important statement: "I love you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Chris's presence in the blogosphere. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only knew Chris through his blogs, but I can tell you he is very missed here.

    ReplyDelete