******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

T-2 Months

Until the 'Atlas Shrugged: Part I' debut. Having read the novel(/epic) in my teens really changed my perspective on a lot of things, and I know dozens who can relate. Apparently the book is being broken up into three parts -- maybe John Galt's speech will be a whole film onto itself --- though the first is being distributed on April 15th, which would have been appropriate any other year.

Anyway, I ran into David Kelley, my favorite interpreter of Objectivism, at CPAC this year. He explained to me the importance of promoting the film, so I think it's only right that I do my part and show you the official trailer here:

I'll watch the film, and I hope you do too!

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Visit the Legal Insurrection Shop on CafePress!
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure I'll watch it, even though the trailer makes me not want to. (Not loving it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the whole modern day scene, but yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People at work laugh at how I hardly know any of today's actors/actresses and how few movies I see ... but I'll be sure to make time for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why go to the movie?

    Just turn on Fox News and listen to the experts like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reily - WE ARE LIVING ATLAS SHRUGGED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll probably see it, it looks pretty good. I kinda like the "modern" angle on it; though of course Ronbo's right, and all we need to see a modern version of the story is follow the news. Thanks for keeping us updated Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the book for the first time last December. It's divided into 3 sections. Presumably the movies will be so divided, at least approximately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the book 4 times over the years. In my mind I've always pictured it in the noir style.

    Not sure I'm ready to have all that changed.

    Hopefully they've left most of the great quotes/speeches.

    Francisco's statement to James Taggart after James offered his opinion: "It is not advisable to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."

    I've used that one.

    ReplyDelete