******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Get Out of the Way While We Clean Up Your ObaMess

I really have very little patience for the "oh, I didn't realize what I was getting with Obama, he seemed so cool, and I was caught up in the hype, and now I realize that he talked a good game but doesn't know what he's doing, and I'm so smart and witty, that when I admit my mistake, I'll be sure to blame it on Sarah Palin" crowd.

In fact, I have less than a little patience with people like Jill Dorson, who pens this masterpiece for Real Clear Politics, Why I Regret Voting For President Obama:

I am a registered Independent. I voted for Barack Obama. And for that, I am sorry.

I'm not sorry for you. I'm sorry for me. Because I voted for Obama for me, not for you. I voted for hope and change and all the intangibles that Obama was peddling in the wake of the financial crisis, Sarah Palin, Sept. 11 and all the other ills that shook our country in the last decade. I wanted something new. Something different. What I got was, I suppose, exactly what I voted for - a spin doctor. And not a very good one at that.

Before John McCain unwittingly picked a tabloid-magazine cover girl for his running mate, I was leaning toward going Republican this time around. I did the second time Bush was on the ballot and I very nearly did the first time, too. But as soon as Palin climbed out of her igloo and onto the national scene, well, there was no turning back for me.

This is a classy blog, so I'm not going to tell you what I really think you should do with your apology. Let's just say apology not accepted.

And if you ever again try to blame Sarah Palin for your mistake, I may have to stop the "this is a classy blog" schtick.

We're cleaning up your ObaMess, so get out of the way. And stop apologizing.

Update: Another Black Conservative is not as reserved as I was, although he did us an asterisk.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. [applauding loudly] Thank you Professor!! My husband and I have been saying the same things! It was evident from the beginning what kind of man Comrade Zero is. He's wicked and an empty suit. Only a fool would profess being "duped". That's right: apology NOT accepted!

    Sparky
    http://reluctantpatriot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Republicans who nominated the very architect of amnesty, cap and trade, McCain-Feingold and nationalized health care are every much to blame for Obama being president as independents who voted for Obama. When forced to choose between a Democrat and a democrat, Americans always vote for the Democrat.

    If given no other choice, I will again vote for Bob Barr or whatever conservative shows up on my ballot. If the GOP insists on being the 3rd party, I will vote elsewhere again. I don't vote for 3rd parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Professor Jacobson. It really bothers me when "independents" say that they now regret voting for Obama. What were they expecting? A Democrat is a Democrat, and every Democrat is about nothing but taxing and spending.

    And the "I couldn't vote for Palin" non-sense irks me too. First, Palin was not running for President, she was running for VP. And second, if people did not mind Biden, they should not complain about Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been mad at the people I know that voted for Obama more than Obama himself the last year, and especially lately. I agree that an apology isn't enough, especially when it is disguised as someone else's fault for their own thinking. It's not an apology as much as an excuse and abdication of responsiblity. More narcissism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder when the Obama zombies whose voodoo spells have worn off will start posting "sorry, America" pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree these people should forget their false apologies and just get out of the way so that people can clean up the Obamess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for speaking up about this article.

    I read it earlier today noticing the slams against Palin and was fired up to post a respons... but didn't need to:

    I got to reading the comments of which majority are/were Palin supporters.

    Great commentary abounded pointing out how much Jill was/is an idiot... loved it!

    Just another reminder on how MANY of us are AWAKE to the obamination - pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The author admits that she was a terrible judge of character and let her emotions rather than her brains cast her ballot in 2008. If she had any common sense at all, she should be asking herself, "If I was so wrong about Obama, might I have also been wrong about Palin?" Her reaction to Palin seems to be as emotionally based as her reaction to Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her business failed but her taxes went up? That makes no sense. If her business failed she wouldn't owe taxes.

    Did she get a higher paying job after her business failed?

    ReplyDelete
  10. myiq . . . Maybe she is a smoker. If so, her taxes went up when the expanded SCHIP went through.

    I wrote a lengthy screed over at Real Clear Politics yesterday afternoon as a commenter on Dorson's article. What struck me most was the self-centeredness/selfishness -- I voted for me, not for you. It galls me no end.

    I voted for what I thought was best for America when I voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin. Who else could answer Dorson's request for a President that would be a good commander & chief and want to do best for his country?

    Don't even get me started though on the great number of "educated" people who never bothered to do the slightest research on Obama. Anyone who looked at his past stances, experience (lack of), and dirty tricks in his past campaigns should have come to the same conclusion I did in early 2008, that is, that Obama would be a disaster as President.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clifton is amazing, and his analysis, like yours, is spot on.

    ReplyDelete