******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Cornell Loses Student To Swine Flu

With the politics which seems to dominate all our lives, it is easy to lose sight of what matters most.

This afternoon the Cornell University community lost one of our undergraduate students to swine flu. As the father of three college-age students, my heart goes out to the family.

As someone also sidelined with swine flu myself, I implore you not to take the symptoms lightly.

I thank the Obama and Bush administrations for the advance planning for an outbreak.

Be smart and safe. And say a prayer.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

5 comments:

  1. Sad to hear of the loss this young person. I've, also, instructed my college kids to be extra vigilant. Swine flu, meningitis, etc., so much to worry about with your kids. And you get well soon! Flu is no joke, rest,
    rest, rest, and follow the doctor's orders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my heart goes out to that family. I have a daughter in college and this has been weighing on my mind. Last year they had a few students hospitalized for meningitis and the campus was shut down for a few days. Now there is this to worry about. I too hope they are being safe.

    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. My prayer go out to his family.

    Take good care of yourself. Prayers, too, go up for a rapid recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God grant that young man rest and give comfort to his family and friends. As for you with swine flu, you might want to try an African spice called njansang. Blend it or pulverize it in a mortar and pestle. Add it to soup. Njansang reduces the virus count in the body. NY has a healthy African population, so it should be available there. Most definitely it can be purchased in Atlanta. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete