******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Voodoo Newtonomics

Yawn.  Chuck "my flight attendant is a bitch and Scott Brown is an far-right teabagger" Schumer is threatening to use Newt's criticism of Paul Ryan in the 2012 election cycle.

That should make a big difference. 

Just like this statement by a prominent Republican candidate ruined the careers and electoral prospects of two major Republican figures a generation ago:
"It just isn't going to work, and it's very interesting that the man who invested this type of what I call a voodoo economic policy..."
Now tell us about the deficit and debt cliff, Chuck, and the unemployment rate, and how great Stimulus worked, and why it is appropriate for a senior Senator to refer to approximately one-third of the population by using a vulgar sexual term?

Criticising Newt's comments is fine, but don't get all crazy about it.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Visit the Legal Insurrection Shop on CafePress!
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Jacobson,
    I follow your blog and Powerline religiously. I have decided the time has come to start speaking out as well. Not going into who I am or what I have done, I want to start here and now partaking in the political process. I have sat far too long on the sidelines. Timothy Geitner blaming timid politicians and "credit card ridden" Americans for the problem I think is what has put me over the top.
    Americans (as my college thesis stated) are of two schools of thought:
    1. I agree with whatever government wants to spend as long as I get mine.
    2. Stop spending my f...ing money.

    Yes, I fall in the "rich" category, but I have earned every penny of it with my own blood sweat and tears.

    People have asked me for years to run for office and I have politely turned them down. I will continue to do so, but I will now speak out when asked. I think all people who care should now speak out.

    If we do not, the "Takers" will when, make no mistake about it. I cannot let that happen.

    Political correctness is just a muzzle. Do Not Accept it. Speak honestly, speak directly, and most importantly, do not be intimidated by people who want to take what is yours.

    I will try to comment on your posts each day.

    Let everyone know something I learned 30 years ago from a movie, from now on

    "There is no try, there is only do, or not do." To the best of my recollection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bush-Reagan debate comment came to my mind too. I have no doubt that the Dems will attempt to use Newt's comments to their advantage, but they will be muted by the fact that most people have forgotten who Newt was (or to young to remember) and those that do will have rather mixed feeling about him. I frankly don't care what he says anymore as he's been more of a gadfly in recent years and not terribly effective at what he's best known for, coming up with new policy ideas... at least good ones.

    Oh well. More grist for the Dem ad mill I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor,

    Sure love your range from cooly analytical to pointedly curious to hard-hitting, and here you've taken off the gloves in a gentleman's bout;)

    Please keep up your constant and excellent commentary, it's critical to all Americans that we elect a Tea Party-minded President and Senate next go 'round-- even to Democrats who are too limited and craven to see that irresponsibility, corruption and apathy can no longer rule the town, and that if a post-Reaganesque It's High Noon in America is around the corner, we'll all be saved by a gun-sporting brunette, maybe in a bra (movie updated)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure that's the comparison you want, seeing as how "voodoo economics is still used effectively to disparage trickle down supply side theory (and rightly so, frankly). Shouldn't you have picked an example where the rhetoric didn't hurt your side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot about how people don't care about all those porky amendments.

    http://althouse.blogspot.com/2009/02/schumer-on-those-little-tiny-yes-porky.html

    And what about the three branches of government: president, senate and house

    http://www.redstate.com/samfoster/2011/01/31/chuck-schumer%E2%80%99s-version-of-the-three-branches-of-government-house-senate-and-president/

    Schumer is a wealth of knowledge and good taste, can we showcase we've a tenth of his class?

    - Sam Foster

    ReplyDelete