******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Thanksgiving Greeting

Before I head into a turkey-induced stupor, I'll leave you with these two wonderful clips of the great Rudolph Nureyev and Margot Fonteyn. The first clip is the first time they danced together shortly after Nureyev defected. The second clip will leave your head spinning!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Have a Great Thanksgiving, and remember that we all have so much for which to be thankful:





--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Professor Jacobson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Nureyev first defected, one of his first performances as in Toronto where he danced the lead in Les Sylphides. My mother and I drove up the day of the performance and stood in the back to watch this magnificent spectacle. His famous lion-like mane set off the force, energy and line of his body.

    Then, at the end when he was close to death, I saw him in the lead in the musical "The King and I in Wilmington." The fire was almost but not quite out. After the performance, I caught up with him in the lobby and told him how I had stood up to see one of his first post-defection performances. He was truly touched. And what the artist he was still in dress. He looked as if he were about to paint a post-impressionist canvas. Yes, these clips are such a treat today and my thanks for them. And I leave you with what Nureyev said about those who filmed ballet in his time: They cut off the feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professor Jacobson, here is a ballerina to watch!

    see youtube for Scherezade ballet - the company would be the Mariinsky and the dancer - Korean Joyeon Ryu -the only foreigner allowed to dance with the company. She is exquisite. Sadly, the video is not but you can see she is a "cousin" of the great Fonteyn.

    ReplyDelete