******************** THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO WWW.LEGALINSURRECTION.COM ********************

This blog is moving to www.legalinsurrection.com. If you have not been automatically redirected please click on the link.

NEW COMMENTS will NOT be put through and will NOT be transferred to the new website.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black Bracelet Author Needs A Mirror

Eric Robinson, author of the Black Bracelet hit piece on Sarah Palin, has written a response to the criticism (emphasis mine):

Author's Note: In my column in the News Wednesday, I criticized former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for wearing a black memorial bracelet with her son’s name on it, as Track returned unharmed from Iraq last fall. However, Sarah Palin's bracelet was not black; instead, it was a dark brown "DeployedHero" bracelet worn by those who have loved ones currently serving in the military. The bracelet is different from the black one associated with men and women who are killed in action overseas. Recognizing this, I apologize to the governor and to any reader who might have been misled by my piece. I hope that this serves as an important lesson for anyone interested in the importance of these symbols.
It doesn't matter if the bracelet were black or brown. As I pointed out in my prior post, black metal bracelets are worn not only by those commemorating fallen soldiers, but also by those honoring deployed soldiers. But that's a mere detail.

And the most important lesson is not that we need to honor symbols, although symbols are important.

The most important lesson is that the Palin haters need to look in the mirror, not at Palin or her clothing and adornments, for the source of their hatred.

And that is a lesson which the Palin haters are incapable of learning.

--------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. I suspect that you could beat the palin haters over the head with their drivel and they still wouldn't get it. Not that their heads are thick or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I hope that this serves as an important lesson for anyone interested in the importance of these symbols."

    If symbols are so important to Robinson, then may I suggest that he should probably spend a few seconds checking facts, etc.

    Geez. How can the Left make such a big deal about literally nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a time-honored maxim that if you can't attack the message, you attack the messenger. But the governor, and now the majority of people, are waking up to this puerile, shopworn tactic. Won't work anymore, Lefties - we're on to you.

    Thanks, Prof. Jacobson, for your timely and eloquent handling of this latest example of PDS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eemily Litella moment. Nevermind

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I said in my blog today..

    It is embarrassing to admit I was ever a Democrat. I don't even recognize these people who have taken over my former party. I'm offended that the whole lot of them seem to think it is OK to trash a mother for honoring her own soldier son, no matter how she decided to do it.

    Surely, misogyny, has reached it's crescendo. How much worse can it get?

    ReplyDelete