While Obama was fiddling with his perpetual campaign ...
- Pakistan teetered on the edge of chaos, as attacks on NATO supply lines continued.
- The Sudan ordered out all foreign aid groups, raising the specter of mass famine.
- Former Marxist guerrillas won election in El Salvador.
- Hugo Chavez offered the Russians an entire island as an bomber base, and continued to nationalized seas ports and airports.
- China strengthened its economic cooperation with Iran, while Russia pledged to complete Iran's nuclear reactor this year.
- South Korean opposition political parties blamed the conservative government for the tensions with North Korea, as the North prepared an inter-continental ballistic missile launch.
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Michael Mullen warned that an Israeli attack on Iran would endanger the entire Middle East.
- The G20 Meeting in London, which addressed global economic concerns, ended "disappointingly."
- The federal budget deficit hit $765 billion -- for the first five months of this year.
- State budget deficits continued to worsen, including in Florida, California and Illinois.
Sounds like the perfect time to go on Jay Leno, to awaken the campaign apparatus, and to shake some money from wealthy liberals for upcoming elections. Yep, this administration has its priorities straight.
At least Obama is fulfilling at least one maxim: Stick to what you know.-------------------------------------------------------
Update: Michelle Malkin is reporting that the Obama "grass-roots" campaign activation is being coordinated through the Democratic National Committee. What Michelle calls a "top-down grass-roots" movement.